Education is the key to the development that we seek for our beloved country in a world that depends largely on the knowledge of economy. The labor force alone is no longer sufficient to fulfill the needs of the growing market, and it is now necessary to empower these working hands with skills and capabilities that enables them to cope with avant-garde technology and to use their expertise to serve in developing the economy of our nation. To achieve this goal, the quality of educational opportunities given by the educational system to our students must be enhanced.

Providing top-notch educational opportunities is a profound challenge. This is particularly so due to limiting conditions, such as the lack of a sufficient number of classes to confront the growing number of students. Our ultimate goal is to the decrease the density of students in classes and to put an end to the multiple-period system in schools. This will surely have a positive impact on the teaching and education process in Egyptian classes.

The Ministry of Education is keen to provide equal educational opportunities for every child in Egypt. In an endeavor to achieve maximum quality in the current educational system, the Ministry has prepared a project that aims to build 4000 new schools within the duration of three years.

The Ministry believes that achieving ambitious plans and tasks cannot be fulfilled without the fruitful cooperation between all state sectors that are concerned with the educational system: It is therefore necessary to enhance the role of both financial investors and the civic sector. And here is where the initiative of “Investing in Education” paves the path towards a new era, where investors and civic associations interested in education participate to achieve educational tasks.

This participation should be built on a faithful desire from all parties to serve the future of this nation and to the development of its children, whilst simultaneously achieving the goals of the all stakeholders involved, generating a win-win situation. This initiative does not mean that the government is to abandon its role in building schools or providing free basic education for all. It is known that the bigger burden (75%) in building the targeted schools lies on the shoulders of the government, leaving 25% of that burden to the other parties, under the terms and conditions of the usufruct law and laws which guarantee that the fees for such schools are within the reach of middle-class parents.

We hope that all our efforts will come together in unity to achieve our aspiration of building 4000 schools within the next years. After all, we all share a single common goal: enhancing the future of this nation.